Tuesday 22 December 2015

Clichés

There's a reason why some things become clichés, like there's some truth in every joke. 
That's also a cliché.
But from now on let's steer clear of the word. 

It's a story that some people never go through, because they don't have to learn something like it. They are born with it or maybe they've gone through it at a younger age, just like they 'survived' puberty. Or, perhaps, it was inoculated into them at a a pox party.

What I'm talking about is allowing yourself to make mistakes. 
Here comes to mind an Emerson quote from my beloved Self-Reliance
“Speak what you think today in hard words and tomorrow speak what tomorrow thinks in hard words again, though it contradict[s] every thing you said today.” 
I never knew until recently how it is to live to the fullest and by that I don't mean 'party hard' or be Vin Diesel (for whatever reason it came to my mind). 
Live how you want to live today because when tomorrow comes it will be again 'today'. Yes, I know - a c....é (and by that I meant 'chuuuupé').

Do whatever you like as long as you wish well to everyone and then, when you  make a fool of yourself, own up to it, because things done out of love (and I even count silly infatuations to it) can never embarrass you. If you're humble and genuinely don't give a damn (or do) nothing will embarrass you. 

Caring about people and expecting for them to care about you is silly. It is not business. It will never be a 'fair' exchange by financial standards. I was told this once by someone I really, really respect. 
And once I thought it was unreal to truly enjoy loving someone and not expect anything in return - be it romantic, familial or simply human; but now I know the feeling and it is everything. It is happiness.
Someone said women can 'create' love within themselves, men can only 'access' it through them. Don't know about men, but it works for me.  

So thank you for it being that way. 



Good night x 


No comments:

Post a Comment